Wow! I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post. It's amazing how busy life can be and before you know, 2 or 3 months have gone by. Anyway, here are a few random updates, funnies, and anything else that came to mind:
1. My kids are hysterical. The other night Ethan told me that he "didn't want to be hairy like Daddy when he got OLD." ROFL :D He wanted to know if I would help him shave it all off if he looked like that someday.
2. Aden had gotten into our computer stuff and confiscated a wireless mouse. Trevor was trying to chase him down when it got dropped on the tile floor and the batteries scattered. It took forever for them to find them. Trev announced they had found them and I said I was glad because we certainly didn't need Aden or the dogs eating them. He said, "I guess if they pooped batteries that would be another form of recycling." LOL
3. Ethan, who is 6, informed a couple of weeks ago that there is a certain girl in our homeschool group that he would like to date when he's a teenager. I told him he had to at least be old enough to drive a car before he could date and you would have thought I had asked him to wait until he's 100 or something. I guess that does seem like a long time when you're little. Anyway, he did at least tell me there was no way he was ever going to kiss a girl. He said he didn't want anyone going "oooooohhhhhhh" like that do on TV. LOL :D I told him that doesn't really happen (what was I thinking???? I should have let that one go..........). I said, "Ethan, no one goes 'ooooooohhhhh' when I kiss your daddy." He said, "Well of course not. You're not on a kid show, mom."
4. I'm still in a fibro flare-up (and have been since December. Sounds fun, huh?) but it's not as bad as it was. I've been in physical therapy for about a month now and that seems to be helping. I was also able to get a TENS unit (portable electrical stimulation thingy-ma-bob....and yes that's the technical term for it). Rhonda lovingly calls it my electric shock therapy. :D It's really cool and has done wonders for me. It's like getting a little mini massage. Next to the epidural, it's the coolest thing EVER.
5. Finally, we started school yesterday. There was a lot of whining, screaming, crying, and gnashing of teeth, but the kids put up with me anyway. :D We only butted heads a few times. We're taking it easy this week and maybe next week while we get the basics covered and just get back into the swing of things. I'm using Adventures in My Father's World for our unit study, Spectrum workbooks for the supplemental stuff, and Explode the Code for Ethan. Trevor is still doing Taekwondo (or as Ethan says "Twicondo") three times a week. We're considering that PE and he's an advanced green belt now! Ethan just likes to RUN. :) I'm still trying to find ways to keep Aden occupied while we do school, but as usual we're learning as we go.
I guess that's about it for now. The boys are up and have had breakfast so it's time to start school for the day. I hope you have a great week! :)